The IOSH approved Introduction to the Pressure System Safety Regulations 2000 (PSSR) training will promote the need for the right attitude and develop a ‘Think Safety First’ approach at all times.
The course will help develop experienced service engineers wishing to carry out statutory examinations as required by PSSR. The service engineers will gain knowledge on how the PSSR regulations impact on them, their company and their customers. The course will clearly define the duties of all relevant personnel involved in the process from design, installation through to service, maintenance and examination of the whole system.
The course covers:
- PSSR awareness and understanding
- How and why the PSSR were introduced, the cost of non-compliance and the potential consequences of an incident
- Who holds responsibility to the regulations?
- Analysis and discussion on both the importance and methods of implementing PSSR via the approved code of practice (ACOP)
- Written Scheme of Examination, format and how it could be used
- Application of examination reports and the need for accurate and detailed reports
- Examination examples and best practice guidelines
- Course workbook to provide advice and practical ideas on implementation and management of the regulations
How will the training course run?
The introduction to Pressure System Safety Regulations 2000 training course is delivered online through the CoffeeSafe training centre and an online platform called Webex. Once the delegate is booked onto training, they will receive access to the CoffeeSafe training centre web application 1 week prior to the allotted training day. The delegate will then watch information and awareness videos and read through some documentation provided. This will help prepare the delegate prior to their days training session.
The training day will last from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. The CoffeeSafe trainers are all IOSH approved trainers. The exam will be completed at the end of the training session and the delegate will be awarded an IOSH certificate should they successfully complete the exam. This is a great addition to your continual professional development.
The IOSH certificate is owned by the individual engineer.
The Introduction to the Pressure System Safety Regulations 2000 is sold as part of the overall partnership with CoffeeSafe.